Here is another termite extermination post that will help get rid of termites yourself. Enjoy!
Author: Cindy Mannes, Arrow Exterminators Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer
Termite swarms have been plentiful this spring and that’s not the news that most homeowners want to hear. Warmer temperatures and wet conditions this spring provided the ideal conditions for these dangerous pests to prepare their attack. Every year termites invade millions of homes, causing billions of dollars in property damage. Unfortunately the resulting damage is typically an expense not covered by homeowners’ insurance.
If you live in the south it’s not a matter of if your home will be infested by termites but when. Therefore, it’s extremely important for homeowners to be on the lookout for the telltale signs of termite activity and be vigilant now in protecting your home. Signs of termite infestation include:
• Evidence of mud tunneling in, over and under wood structures;
• Wooden structures exhibit darkening or blistering;
• Damaged wood becoming extremely thin.
Here are simple tips to help prevent termites from entering your home:
• Since termites are attracted to water, eliminate moisture around the foundation of your home. Also, divert water away from the house by using proper downspouts and gutters.
• Seal cracks and holes, including areas where utilities and pipes enter your home.
• Do not stack firewood or lumber against your home and before bringing firewood indoors, make sure to inspect it carefully.
• Keep tree branches, shrubbery and ground covering well trimmed and away from you house.
• Reduce humidity in crawl spaces with proper ventilation.
About Arrow Exterminators
Arrow Exterminators, an Atlanta pest control and termite prevention company, has been family owned and operated since 1964. Arrow is the eighth largest pest and termite control company in the United States, ranked by revenue. With QualityPro Certification by the National Pest Management Association, the company offers innovative and environmentally responsible extermination services, including mosquito control and fire ant control, to protect homes and businesses.